SUGARDOWN is a chewable dietary supplement that reduces the breakdown of carbohydrate foods into simple sugars like glucose.
Many foods and drinks contain carbohydrates that break down rapidly during digestion, creating a rapid increase in blood sugar. These foods are called “high glycemic index” foods. Some examples of high glycemic index foods are white and whole wheat breads, potatoes, white rice, soft drinks with added sugar or high fructose corn syrup. High amounts of sugar in the blood over long periods of time can lead to weight gain and other health problems. Scientists at Boston Therapeutics have developed a proprietary mannan in SUGARDOWN® chewable tablets that block the enzymes associated with digestion of carbohydrates. Mannans, a group of complex carbohydrates from plants, can help to moderate the blood sugar spike after a meal. Reducing the glycemic impact of carbohydrate foods can be helpful in maintaining healthy blood sugar and weight.
Tested in Preliminary Clinical Studies
SUGARDOWN has shown in clinical studies that it significantly reduced the elevation of blood sugar after meals.* Read the Clinical Study.
SUGARDOWN is available as a convenient, chewable tablet that is taken before meals that contain carbohydrates to reduce the absorption of glucose from the intestinal tract. Take one or two tablets before consuming foods and drinks that contain carbohydrates.
Basic Facts About SUGARDOWN®
For more Frequently Asked Questions, please visit the FAQ Page
- Non-Systemic: SUGARDOWN works in the gastrointestinal tract to reduce the glycemic effect of carbohydrate foods.*
- Safety: SUGARDOWN has demonstrated safety in preliminary clinical studies with no serious adverse events (SAEs) and no drug interactions.*
- Effectiveness: Shown in clinical studies to significantly reduce post-meal elevation of blood sugar.*
- SUGARDOWN structure and functional claims were submitted to the FDA in 2010.*
- All SUGARDOWN ingredients are considered "Generally Recognized as Safe" (GRAS). *
- Functional Claim: SUGARDOWN supports healthy blood sugar levels. *
- Functional Claim: SUGARDOWN can induce a feeling of fullness (satiety) and can therefore support portion control and be part of a weight management plan.*
- Integrity: Manufactured in the United States in a U.S. Food and Drug Administration-inspected facility with a high level of integrity and oversight in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).*