The reduction of postprandial hyperglycemia is among the major objectives when treating type 2 diabetes. Elevated postprandial blood glucose levels have a high prevalence among patients with diabetes. Many foods and drinks contain carbohydrates that break down rapidly during the digestion process, creating an unnaturally rapid increase in blood sugar. It is thought that the short term symptoms of hyperglycemia (high glucose blood levels), may contribute to the development of long-term complications in terms of heart disease later in life.
Scientists at Boston Therapeutics have optimized the chemistry of a specific plant-derived mannan, to develop SUGARDOWN® for blood glucose management.
SUGARDOWN is a chewable tablet that inhibits the enzyme activity that breaks down complex carbohydrates into glucose, reducing the amount of glucose that is available for absorption, thus moderating the after-meal glucose (blood sugar) spike. Many foods and drinks contain carbohydrates that break down rapidly during the digestion process, creating an unnaturally rapid increase in blood sugar. A rapid, sustained, and abnormally high rise in blood sugar can hurt the body over time and can lead to disease such as diabetes and heart disease.
Tested in Clinical Studies
SUGARDOWN has been shown in clinical studies to help moderate the elevation of blood sugars by up to 61%. Read the Clinical Study.
Managing blood sugar levels is one key to maintaining optimum health and weight, especially for those at risk of diabetes or pre-diabetes. Mannans, a group of complex carbohydrates from plants, possess significant biological activity in moderating blood glucose levels after a meal.
SUGARDOWN is now available as a natural, convenient and chewable dietary supplement that is taken before carbohydrate-containing meals to reduce the absorption of glucose from the intestinal tract. The proprietary mannan in SUGARDOWN works by blocking the enzymes in the intestine associate with digestion of carbohydrate.
Basic Facts About SUGARDOWN®
For more Frequently Asked Questions, please visit the FAQ Page
- Single Claim: SUGARDOWN was created to help our customers support healthy post-meal blood sugar levels.
- Non-Systemic: SUGARDOWN works proactively to reduce the glycemic impact of carbohydrate foods before they are absorbed as glucose.
- Safe: SUGARDOWN is a single molecular structure with no side-effects and no known drug interaction.
- FDA Submission: SUGARDOWN has submitted structure and function claims to the FDA in 2010. All SUGARDOWN ingredients are considered Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS).
- Effective: Shown in Clinical Study to reduce post-meal elevation of blood sugars.
- Part of a Diabetes / Weight management Plan: SUGARDOWN Blocks Carbs, is High in Fiber, induces a feeling of fullness (satiety) and can therefore support portion control*.
- FDA inspected facility: Manufactured with the highest level of integrity and oversight, in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Made in the USA.